HONORING THE PAST WHILE
INNOVATING FOR THE FUTURE
San José / Valle Central / Costa Rica
PROMOTING THE BEAUTY OF THE LAND
WHILE CREATING THE ULTIMATE LIVING EXPERIENCE
Parque Valle del Sol was founded on the pursuit of a dream: to create a unique and innovative living experience in an idyllic paradise.
That dream has become a reality and continues to grow as planned. This exclusive golf residence is Located in the picturesque Costa Rica, a country under constant development attracting international investors and generated extensive tourism.
The Parque Valle del Sol project was conceived in line with standards of excellence with an eye not only on today, but on tomorrow, too.
Parque Valle del Sol was created with the idea of surpassing expectations by striving to create a concept of living in harmony with the pristine elements of the environment.
From the implementation of urban infrastructure, to the investment in maintaining the surrounding ecosystem, everything was studied and projected with meticulous attention to detail.
Boasting a bold architectural plan, Parque Valle del Sol highlights the importance of preserving the harmony of the natural environment while offering all the conveniences of modern living.
These are the unequaled variables that make Parque Valle del Sol the perfect illustration of a planned community. This residential and sporting megaproject is a pioneering and innovative example of regional transformation–transforming an undervalued and unexplored area through first-rate marketing and turning it into one of the highest valued properties in the Costa Rican capital.
The company, which urbanized and developed an area of 137,000 ha, is a veritable residential megaproject. In fact, it led the way in bolstering a region that has become the most highly-valued in San José: Santa Ana. Back in the 90s, this area was greatly undervalued; however, as a direct result of the development and real estate success of Parque Valle del Sol, it has become a leading hub of luxury residences in the Costa Rican capital.
Advanced and progressive, Parque Valle del Sol is a project of great magnitude which generated a new real estate frontier with great success. The development has elevated the relevance of the region as a whole. The value of the lots of Parque Valle del Sol have risen an impressive 670% since its launch.
A visionary tale, a successful today, and a promising tomorrow for new investments and business, in an already winning project.
Located in Central America with a population of 4.8 million people; the country is bordered by Nicaragua to the north, the Caribbean Sea to the east, Panama to the southeast, and the Pacific Ocean to the west. The Pacific Ocean’s Cocos Island also falls within Costa Rican territory. San José is recognized internationally for having hosted the Inter-American Specialized Conference on Human Rights of 1969. It is still the seat of the Inter-American Court of Human Rights, hearing and ruling on cases of human rights violations in signatory nations.
Costa Rica is home to one of the longest standing democracies in the Americas and is the only Latin American nation featured on the list of the world’s 22 oldest democracies. The country abolished the military forces on December 1, 1948, creating in its stead a National Security Force, which was constitutionally implemented in 1949.
Following conflict with the National Army, supported by communist guerrillas, the newly inducted president José Figueres Ferrer dissolved the country’s military forces under the pretext that security could be maintained through a police force. This led to political stability that has allowed the Costa Rican economic and social sectors to flourish.
Additionally, during the 20th century, while dictatorships spread throughout the American continent, Costa Rica has remained free from authoritarian governments that have used force to maintain a stronghold over their nations.
Thus, contrary to the majority of Central American nations, Costa Rica has never faced coups or civil war following the abdication of the national army.
COSTA RICA OFFERS AN EXCELLENT SCENARIO FOR INVESTMENTS AND THE ESTABLISHMENT OF IMPORTANT INTERNATIONAL COMPANIES, THANKS TO THE HIGH ACADEMIC LEVEL OF THE POPULATION, THE SUPERB STANDARD OF MODERN SERVICES AND ITS SOCIAL AND POLITICAL STABILITY.
Pristine real estate has always been in high demand especially due to foreign buyers securing properties along the coast and in resorts. Favorable ownership rights grant foreigners the same ownership rights as nationals, making Costa Rica a hot spot for international investors.
Why invest in Costa Rican real estate?
• Property laws are the same for nationals and foreigner unlike any other country in Central and South America.
• Exquisite landscape and biodiversity.
• Great tax incentives and one of the lowest property tax rates in the developed world.
• The country offers an affordable and highly educated labor force.
• Territorial tax system is an added motivator.
• Land can be both leased or purchased; and the residential sales process is almost identical to that in the United States.
• Most of the properties are bought and sold via a legal entity often with a mother company based out of the United States.
Additionally, with similar growth to that of the foreign buyers sector, the Central Valley (especially San Jose) has benefited from expansion in several areas including commercial, business, and residential developments.
Comparable to many other countries, shopping malls, business complexes, residential developments and other high- density development plans have become popular.
Perhaps this phenomenon is due to the high paced growth and more educated consumers from around the world demand this type of infrastructure.
Key investments in strategic areas have transformed many previously unknown areas into high demand real estate. This boom, as discussed, can be mainly attributed to foreign investors who have the means to create joint ventures between locals and other foreigners, via REITS (although these real estate Investment trusts remain a relatively new means of investing in real estate in the country). Costa Rica has remained stable, but pay close attention to the coming years, as demand is projected to skyrocket here once again, creating a positive real estate growth outlook as the global economy strengthens.
We remain confident that the many facets which life in Costa Rica has to offer will continue to strengthen demand, making Costa Rica one of the most sought-after areas in the world.
POLITICAL, ECONOMIC AND CULTURAL HUB
PARQUE VALLE DEL SOL:
A PLACE WERE DREAMS AND REALITY COINCIDE
Parque Valle del Sol is a planned exclusive golf residence minutes away from the finest restaurants, stores, entertainment, world-class schools, and commercial facilities available in Costa Rica. It is ideally placed in Santa Ana, 18 km or about 25 minutes from downtown San José.
Parque Valle del Sol is the largest and most exclusive planned community in Vale Central.
Located west of the capital, the development is spread over 137 hectares and dotted with luxury homes which sit on one of the country’s top golf courses. The community also boasts a top-notch tennis club (eight open courts and two closed), a playground, and private nature reserve. The architecture of the homes interacts seamlessly with the area which is home to a wildlife sanctuary perfect for birdwatching and filled with rich fauna and flora. The entire piece of paradise which is home to some 350 permanent families (around 1,500 people) is bounded by a protective green belt. There is nowhere else quite like it.
Parque Valle del Sol Golf offers a spectacular 18-hole golf course, spread over 60 hectares of breathtaking greens stippled with lakes. A unique golfing experience, in harmony with nature and set within the beautiful landscapes and exceptional climate of Santa Ana. Certified as a Wildlife Sanctuary by Audubon International, the most renowned ecology organization in the world of golf, Parque Valle del Sol is the first and only golf course in the region certified by this organization.
Home to the biggest golf academy in the country, it hosts professional and amateur golf tournaments throughout the year. 10 meticulously maintained tennis courts (2 covered) are also available for leisure and/or lessons with excellent coaches. Both the golf course and tennis academy are
treated as business units for entrepreneurs, and are reverted into revenue, which goes beyond maintenance costs.
Some of Costa Rica’s most notable families live in Parque Valle del Sol. Senior executives from multinational companies, directors of NGOs and other VIPS have chosen to call this place home, making the Parque Valle del Sol community incredibly diverse and international.
Its location just a stone’s throw from Rota 27, one of Costa Rica’s newest roadways, which means a quick transfer to the airport–a mere 15 minutes away; or perhaps spend the day exploring the Pacific coastline–only an hour away.
Get Golf Ready Program
A beginner’s program created by PGA-USA, through which students get the opportunity to interact with this wonderful sport effectively, through a fast, enjoyable and easy-to-learn method that is sure to turn you into a golfer. The course consists of 5 lessons of 1 hour and 30 minutes each
and can be taken individually or in small groups of up to 5. The program is administered by one of the academy professionals. It offers a dynamic introduction to the sport of golf and the main elements of the game include: The Putting, Short Game known as Chipping & Pitching, Full Swing, and induction into
the sport with visits to the golf course.
Services on offer
• Group or individual lessons for children, teens, and adults.
• Certified and highly qualified instructors.
• Leasing of courts
• 8 semi-open outdoor courts and 2 covered courts.
• Organized internal and national tournaments.
• Store / Racket stringing.
A HIGH QUALITY OF LIFE SET IN A NATURAL ENVIRONMENT
• Boulevard Del Sol, the first stage with beautiful, wide avenues.
• Altos Del Sol, boasting the most modern electric infrastructure, with highly reliable underground TV and telephone cabling. The only residential community zone with lots starting from 600 m2.
• Puesta del Sol, the best district for enjoying the sunset, contouring the canyon formed by the Virilla River.
• Bosques del Sol, lush natural area adjacent to the Uruca River canyon.
• Reserva Especial, a choice location set within the golf course.
• Vistas del Sol, an area with incredible views of the mountains.
• Altos del Golf, the most recent phase of the company, this Eco-Cluster is inserted in Parque Valle del Sol.
Parque Valle del Sol is located in the district of Pozos de Santa Ana, where the Virilla and Uruca Rivers meet. The valley that forms is protected to the south by Escazu and by the hills of the Alto de Las Palomas to the west. The favorable regional conditions, with a wealth of water sources and springs, were considered determinants when selecting an area.
Parque Valle del Sol residents benefit some of the very best schools, business centers, and shopping centers, as well as several restaurants and entertainment options nearby. Juan Santamaria international airport is just a 15-minute drive from the community.
Airports – 15 to 20 minutes
Hotels – 3 to 10 minutes
Business Centers – 5 to 10 minutes
Commercials Centers – 3 to 10 minutes
Restaurants – 3 to 10 minutes
Medical Centers – 10 minutes
Schools – 2 to 15 minutes
Service stations – 3 minutes
Auto repair – 5 to 10 minutes
Supermarkets – 5 to 10 minutes
Banks – 3 to 10 minutes
Entertainment – 3 to 10 minutes
Pharmacies – 3 to 10 minutes
Libraries – 5 minutes
Churches – 5 to 10 minutes
THE ORIGIN OF THE COMPANY
AN ENTREPRENEURIAL AND INNOVATIVE VISION
• Quality of life
• Community organization and integration
• Environmental conservation and education
• Unique infrastructure
• Comfort & facilities
• Investment guarantee
• Developers’ commitment to the model
DIMENSIONS THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Habitasul Planned Communities are aimed at systematically providing a superior standard in living well. The essence of the projects is to provide high levels of comfort, coupled with a superior lifestyle for residents.
Each development strives to reach the fourth dimension: coexistence. The art of interacting, with people and the environment; creating lifetime relationships.
The four dimensions
The area of land
Construction of homes and living spaces
Coexistence among people. Interaction with the environment.
1. Knowledge first. Urban planning was preceded by a study of the region, identifying the local values and culture, as well as their trends and strengths, including considering physical aspects like environmental restrictions and landscaping highlights.
2. Details in implementation. A diagnosis was prepared based on these elements. This tool is vital to the discussion of regional development strategies. A multidisciplinary team formed by engineers, sociologists, attorneys, biologists, architects and administrators (areas: marketing, finance and sales) was fundamental to the implementation of the subsequent stage.
3. A global focus. The strategy for the development of a new community paid special attention to the surroundings, which would influence the future of this development. As such, internal (in the new community) and external (its surroundings) actions were planned.
COMPLETE INTERACTION BETWEEN NATURE AND QUALITY OF LIFE
AS A WHOLE
Placing a priority on environmental harmony, the concept behind the development was aimed at balance with nature. The best way to ensure conservation is programmed occupation, contemplating aspects such as the treatment of effluents, selective waste collection, the creation and expansion of green areas, that is, offering an ecological solution to results of human occupation. The environment was not treated as a problem, but rather as a solution, as the beauty and attractiveness of nature formed an important aspect of its success.
A megaproject that benefits from the singularity of opulent nature, highlighting the beautiful canyons and the lush fauna and flora. Every action taken so far strives to maintain and increase the value of this environment. The strictest of environmental legislation and regulations were adhered to and surpassed.
THE ADDED VALUE OF
LED TO A SUCCESS
IN DEMAND AND AN
IN THE PERCEIVED
VALUE OF THE REAL
• The pioneering marketing strategy in Costa Rica emphasized the benefits of a quality life style, due to the different attributes offered in the residential community, including: security, grandeur, scenic beauty, excellent climate and tranquility, as well as sports that can be enjoyed outdoors, not to mention the excellent architectural standard of the well-built homes.
• Parque Valle del Sol, applying best environmental practices in all areas of development by means of ‘Green Planned Community’ environmental seal, which is granted to sustainable communities, designed with a focus on the land, water, nature, residents, and visitors. Parque Valle del Sol not only meets current environmental standards, but also establishes the standard for communities of tomorrow.
• Today, due to its pleasant climate and proximity to San José, , Santa Ana has become a magnet for commercial and residential investments, luxury trade centers and some of the country’s top private schools. Without doubts, this is one of the most exclusive regions to live in Costa Rica.
The total area of the residential community and golf course is 137 hectares, which according to the Regulatory Plan for the city of Santa Ana, makes this one of the lowest density zones.
Parque Valle del Sol is currently comprised of residential lots and Altos de Golf, which occupy a total of 32% of its area, which translates as an exceptionally low population density, allowing residents to benefit from extensive green areas.
Furthermore, recreational areas, such as the golf course and the tennis courts, are spread out over 61 hectares and home to many trees. Thanks to residential Construction Regulations, the number of buildings in each residential lot is limited to 50%, which guarantees that each home built has huge gardens.
In other words, 85% of the total area is free of construction.
From the very beginning, Parque Valle del Sol has acted as an example of a community committed to preserving the environment.
Efforts to conserve water are clearly evident.
In each space and along the trails, irrigation systems have been installed, which automatically reduces the consumption of water. The irrigation system is fed by the lakes on the golf course and the selection of ornamental plants cultivated here are resistant to summer temperatures. Green practices like waste separation and recycling are obligatory. For the same reason, each lot has selected areas for the correct treatment of waste during the construction process.
To promote environmental awareness, campaigns are staged to plant new trees.
Solar panels are recommended for homes to further aid the environment.
FLORA AND FAUNA
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
• Health Quality Seal with 6 stars by the Aqueducts and Sewers Institute (April 29, 2010)
• Ecological Blue Flag 2 stars – the most important environmental program in the country, established by the Institute of Aqueducts and Sewers, the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Tourism, the Ministry of the Environment, Energy and Telecommunications and the Electric Institute (March 26, 2010).
• Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary by Audubon International ** Re-certification (December 7, 2010).
• Health Quality Seal with 3 stars by the Aqueducts and Sewers Institute (May 14, 2009).
• Ecological Blue Flag 2 stars – the most important environmental program in the country established by the Institute of Aqueducts and Sewers, the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Tourism, the Ministry of the Environment, Energy and Telecommunications and the Electric Institute (March 24, 2009).
• Best Golf Development in Costa Rica 5 stars by the American Property Awards, a contest organized in England in association with the Television network CNBC and the newspaper, the New York Times (November 7, 2008).
• Ecological Blue Flag (March 24, 2008).
• World Business Leader by the Bizz Awards Costa Rica 2007.
• Environmental Leaders in Golf Awards International Winner by the American Association of Superintendents of Golf Courses, GCSAA * and the magazine Golf Digest announced in December 2007.
• Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary by Audubon International ** Re-certification (October 29, 2007).
• Real Estate Development Award René Frank, first place in the category “Development of condominium areas” by the Costa Rican Chamber of Real Estate (February 20, 2004).
• Environmental Leaders in Golf Awards Merit Winner by the American Association of Superintendents of Golf Courses GCSAA* and Golf Digest magazine announced in December of 2003.
• Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary by Audubon International** (December 16, 2002).
• Environmental Stewardship by Audubon International (December 16, 2002).
• Outreach and Education by Audubon International (December 16, 2002).
• Wildlife and Habitat Management by Audubon International (November 6, 2002).
• Integrated Pest Management by Audubon International (November 6, 2002).
• Water Quality Management by Audubon International (November 6, 2002).
• Water Conservation by Audubon International (October 1, 2001).
• Environmental Planning by Audubon International (September 14, 1999).
WITH THE PLANNING
OF THE COMPANY
A VISION OF
The trajectory of the company was based on the mission of implementing a planned community with unique
quality, guaranteeing an elevated degree of sophistication to clients, with sustainable growth, largely in part to the adoption of environmental solutions and measures. A work philosophy centered on these premises was put in practice. The strategies employed led to added value, and constant care and attention ensured needs were gradually adapted to and met at every new stage of the company.
A project planned and designed not only for the present, but for tomorrow, too, with any array of opportunities planned for the next stages.
Parque Valle del Sol invested in a longterm vision. For an accurate idea of the dimension of potential of the area, assessments were made on adapting the original project.
Some of these actions resulted in a substantial increase in the area to be developed for land sales and the construction of multi-family and commercial units.
• Reduction of the golf course to 9 holes and adaption/relocation of the Drive Range.
• Use of the area for construction and residential buildings (3 floors, measuring 10 meters high). Up to 100,000 m2 of land could be used.
• Construction of a hotel (area already determined).
• Commercial tower at the entrance to Parque Valle Del Sol (adaptation of the existing space, which is used as an administrative area).
• Construction of a service mall and convenience stores in the region of the condominium’s entrance, which could cater to both internal and external public (with internal and external access to Parque Valle Del Sol).
• Launch of 45 new residential lots in Altos del Golf, a special area within Parque Valle Del Sol.
• Project for the development of an exclusive club within the golf course.
• Generation of additional income with golf, tennis and the lease of commercial space inside the development. All of which could be enhanced or relaunched with higher commercial appeal and more services included.
• There is great potential within the Parque Valle del Sol grounds for practicing, training, and developing triathlons and urban triathlons, road running, and cycling. Sports modalities such as these are growing quickly and demand training grounds. Creating training circuits in this beautiful environment, both for running and cycling, is another source revenue the development could count on.